26 January 2018

LEGO star wars annual 2018 review

The LEGO Star Wars Official Annual 2018
The LEGO Star Wars Official Annual 2018

Ooops! I almost forgot The LEGO Star Wars Official Annual 2018!

For some reason, I had a hard time acquiring this annual from my local shops. This is one of four LEGO annuals for 2018. The other three are The LEGO Ninjago Movie Official Annual 2018The LEGO Batman Movie Official Annual 2018, and LEGO Official Annual 2018. As of writing, these annuals are on super sale, priced at £1 each or even less!

The book per se, which is recommended for seven years old and above, is filled with the usual LEGO Star Wars comics, puzzles, and activities. The art is pretty cute and colorful, but not as strikingly beautiful as the LEGO Batman Movie and the LEGO Ninjago Movie versions. I understand that the graffiti style is really not fit for this universe (I see you shaking your head Sabine Wren), it's just that utilizing the exact same formula makes you feel like you've read this book before. (OMG! I sound like a naysayer for The Force Awakens!). Again, it's such a shame that the artists were not credited properly for their amazing artwork.

For the free minifigure, it didn't appeal much to me at first because I thought I already have it, and I can't help but compare it to last year's. But after searching about it online, I have learned that this is my first Imperial Gunner.

Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

So far, the Imperial Gunner has only appeared in two sets, namely the Death Star Troopers [75034], and the Death Star [75159]! The minifigure dons his traditional helmet and uniform. The head piece has a serious expression with his mouth close, which is quite fitting for his role. Apparently, there is another variant, and the only difference is that guy's mouth is open. The Imperial Gunner comes ready for battle with a medium blaster.

Death Star Gunner
Death Star Gunner

This completes all the LEGO annuals for 2018. I hope next year will be more exciting! But in the meantime, let's enjoy this year first. Happy 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment