19 November 2017

LEGO marvel super heroes 2 out now

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is out now in the UK!

And I'm loving every part of it! It's a great fan service to LEGO and Marvel fans alike. Good thing, I am both. Just a disclaimer, this is not a review or a walkthrough guide post. I don't think I'm qualified enough to do that. This is merely to express my appreciation of the game. After all, this is a fan blog.

I have just recently returned to the (semi-) gaming life via LEGO Dimensions (Imagine my grief now that it's over!). With the obvious exception of the toys-to-life aspect, playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 is a lot like playing LEGO Dimensions and almost any other LEGO games, for they all share the same formula. Depending on how you see it, it can be a good thing or a bad thing. For me it's the former because that means I can play the game with my non-gamer wife and soon-to-be-gamer daughter (she's just a few months old, I know!). LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 has more characters though. It has a massive, massive cast. Some may only be familiar to hardcore Marvel fans. So to the rest of the audience, it's high time to finally meet them! I think the only downside of it not being a toys-to-life game is the limited minifigures release. I mean, don't you want an official Spider-Gwen minifig? or Lockjaw? or Stan Lee?! I think we'll get there soon enough, hopefully...

Another thing that I love with this game is the time and space manipulation theme. There are 18 different Marvel locations to explore, all within an incredible Chronopolis Open Hub World! With Kang the Conqueror as the big baddie, all of the amazingly weird, but carefully patchworked, contents make sense. But seeing Kang in the game made me miss Fantastic Four more. The game would have been greater with Marvel's first family in it.

To add a cherry on my marvelous cake, I got this game relatively for free in Sainsbury's. Thanks to their Nectar Double Up event for doubling the points that I won in their previous Swipe and Win event. I just missed the free Giant Man Hank Pym [30610] minifigure though, which is offered in other shops. But that's okay. I love the game more than that minifig. To be honest, I'm not too crazy about it.

Just in case you live under a rock and missed this, here's the trailer for this super amazing game:



Oh, and let me just share the cheat code (Yes! The classic cheat codes are back with this gem!) that I have received with my game via a short survey. To instantly unlock Green Goblin, just input XG7SAL in Gwenpool's room.

How about you true believer? Are you playing the game too? Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment