5 November 2017

project monochrome: bright yellowish green

Bright Yellowish Green Monochrome Minifigure
Bright Yellowish Green Monochrome Minifigure


Finally! Progress in my Project Monochrome, and it's my favorite LEGO color, Bright Yellowish Green!

Wait, what? I thought my favorite LEGO color is called Lime Green, but apparently it's official name is Bright Yellowish Green. That's quite a mouthful, isn't it? Maybe that's why people, me included, prefer to call it Lime Green. Well, it doesn't really matter. Still my favorite color though.

My Bright Yellowish Green Monochrome Minifigure (haha, now that's really a mouthful) has been sitting in my LEGO toolbox for ages that I forgot where exactly I got the pieces. Mostly from the LEGO Store Build-a-Mini, I guess, and as usual, I used my trusted Brasso to remove the printing. Why did it take months to complete? Because it lacks a pair of matching arms. I can't seem to dismember my Alien [71012] or my Plant Monster [71010] minifigure. It just doesn't feel right. And I don't want to hurt their feelings. I mean the latter is already pretty scared. So, together with the weirdly adorable custom Zombie Kitty, I just ordered a pair of lime green arms from Firestar Toys.

For its first interpretation, the Bright Yellowish Green Monochrome Minifigure is presented as a schoolboy. And the very deep reason behind this is because these are my only plain lime green accessories, haha.

Bright Yellowish Green Monochrome Minifigure: Schoolboy
Bright Yellowish Green Monochrome Minifigure: Schoolboy

I missed doing this project. These monochrome minifigures gives me a sort of zen effect, especially when I take pictures of them against a background of the same or somewhat similar color. I don't know when will my next minifigure be completed. I'm kind of back at square one. I know it's easier to just buy them on the market. But the thrill of the hunt is just not there...

No comments:

Post a Comment